We are celebrating our 1st Birthday! We can’t believe it’s 12 months since we launched the NHS Natural Health School at the NEC in Birmingham. It’s been quite a year, and we couldn’t be happier of our achievements so far. Thank you to everyone who has attended our courses and supported us as we continue to strive to improve the standards of Complementary Therapy delivery and develop the next generation of Complementary Therapy Experts. Since our launch we have; Had 124,461 visits to our website Held 26 courses Trained 140 students Created and delivered the first NHS Certificate in Complementary Therapy training for Cancer and Occupational Health Pathways Winner of the FHT Complementary Therapy Tutor of the year award 2018 Winner of the Complementary Therapy Award for Furthering Integrated Healthcare 2018 Winner of the Janey Loves Platinum Award Complementary Therapy Wellbeing Charity of the Year 2018 Finalist of the FHT Complementary Therapist of the Year Award 2018 Finalist of the Medipex NHS Innovation Award 2018 Presented at 4 National Conferences Have been published in featured articles by the Voluntary Regulatory Organisations CNHC and FHT, professional journals and the press Been guests on local and BBC Radio Featured guest of the month for The Therapist Business Club providing vlogs and blogs for members in 2018
Volunteering at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust.
The Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre Complementary Therapy Service values the support and services provided by our Complementary Therapy Volunteers.
Anyone wishing to become involved and volunteer as a complementary therapist need to;
- Contact the SROMC Complementary Therapy Service and obtain an application form.
- All volunteers at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust will undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check .
Telephone: 01423 557316
All volunteers require;
- An appropriate qualification at a level that qualifies them to practice, recognised by the Complementary and Natural Health Council (CNHC) or an alternative approved professional regulatory body.
- Have a current registration with the CNHC or approved professional regulatory body.
- Have valid Personal Liability Insurance
- Evidence of current annual CPD points
- Attend Mandatory Volunteer Induction Training in line with trust Policy
- Hold a Valid First Aid Certificate