Important new course for 2021. Available online or in the classroom. ITEC Level 2 Award Infection Prevention for Complementary Therapists and Sports Massage Classroom based and Remote learning options available More than ever before, members of the public are seeking assurances that the therapists they choose to visit understand how to protect them from infection. Are you a qualified complementary or sports massage therapist, or are you planning to train in either occupation? Are you aware that Regulated Infection Prevention and Control training is now a compulsory module within Complementary Therapy and Sports Massage courses? Do you know all of the steps you must take to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other infections to your clients and members of your own household? Do you know how to use PPE correctly? Are you aware that many insurance companies and professional associations are seeking to make such training mandatory in the near future? Further information is on the course listing or by email hdft.natural.healthschool.nhs.net
Volunteering at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust.
The Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre Complementary Therapy Service values the support and services provided by our Complementary Therapy Volunteers.
Anyone wishing to become involved and volunteer as a complementary therapist need to;
- Contact the SROMC Complementary Therapy Service and obtain an application form.
- All volunteers at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust will undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check .
Telephone: 01423 557316
All volunteers require;
- An appropriate qualification at a level that qualifies them to practice, recognised by the Complementary and Natural Health Council (CNHC) or an alternative approved professional regulatory body.
- Have a current registration with the CNHC or approved professional regulatory body.
- Have valid Personal Liability Insurance
- Evidence of current annual CPD points
- Attend Mandatory Volunteer Induction Training in line with trust Policy
- Hold a Valid First Aid Certificate